Why I want to be a teacher!
In today’s society there are plenty of different kind of jobs and professions you can choose between. The choice of opportunity is enormous and the only one who really can stop you is yourself. Today’s youth have the great chance to choose professions after their interests and that’s one of my biggest reasons why I want to be a teacher. But there are other reasons too that turned me over to this job.
First of all, I really like working with children. I like their enthusiasm, curiosity, inquisitiveness, energy, happiness and their ingenuity. I like work with people that are happy and gives much of energy and that’s what the children do.
Second, I like to inspire people. It is like a passion for me to inspire people and to follow their development in life. As a teacher you are very important for the students and you have to have their trust if you’re going to succeed and manage to challenge and develop them as persons. It is a huge challenge for me and this is something you learn from all the time, no matter how long you have worked.
Of course, working as a teacher is an exacting job and there are going to be times that I wish I worked with something else. The children can be very hard and can totally take all of your energy. Like, when you having a crappy day and you don’t want to speak with anyone. Then it could be tuff to face the students and hold your head up.
But finally and in the big picture, I think working as a teacher is a flexible and funny job, where you always develop and challenge either from the students, co-workers or parents. Could you not like your job, when you meet twenty happy and curious pupils in the morning thirst for knowledge?
måndag 18 maj 2009
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
Dear Louise,
SvaraRaderaI really liked your blog. I totally agree with you, the reasons that you mention are all true, and even though we will all have "downs" when we work, there will always be a light that shines through.
You deal with one idea per paragraph, very good. You also use linking devices in a very good way, even though you could use some more of them.
There are, however, some minor grammatical errors.
-"I like work with people that are happy and gives much of energy and that’s what the children do."
"Work" should be written in the ing-form; "I like working with people...". Also, "gives" should be "give", since you are still talking about people in plural.
- "As a teacher you are very important for the students..."
It should be "important TO", not "for".
- "exacting" is spelt wrong, should be "exciting".
- "Like, when you having a crappy day and you don’t want to speak with anyone."
First of all, you should either write "whn you have a crappy...", or "when you are having a crappy...".
Secondly, "speak" should be followed by "to", not "with".
Last of all, your conclusion is very good! You sum up all the feelings that all teachers should have when it comes to their work as a whole. You are a very good writer, Louise. Keep up!
Best regards,
Maria